Electronic remote access, in accordance with the Michigan Governor’s Executive Order 2020-48, will be implemented in response to COVID-19 social distancing requirements and Michigan Governor’s Executive Order 2020-42. The public may participate in the meeting through Zoom access by computer and smart phone using the following link:
Meeting ID: 835 2479 5093
Use a number below to call:
One tap mobile
+19292056099 or +13017158592
When prompted, enter the meeting ID above.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review of the Charter Township of Bridgeport will meet virtually by via Electronic Remote Access using the link above on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 10:00am, at which time and place the Board will meet under the authority of:
- MCL 211.53b, for the purpose of correcting the 2020 and 2019 assessment roll figures for the Charter Township of Bridgeport, such changes being necessary due to qualified errors.
- MCL 211.7cc (20), for the purpose of hearing appeals by owners who owned and occupied as a principal residence on June 1 or November 1, for the current year and the immediately preceding 3 years (2019,2018,2017), if the exemption was not on the tax roll.
- MCL 211.7u, for the purpose of hearing appeals provided for in Michigan Compiled Law 211.7u for poverty exemption requests for current year only.
- MCL 211.7ee (6), for the purpose of hearing appeals by owners of property that is Qualified Agricultural Property on May 1 may appeal for the current year & the immediately preceding year if the exemption was not on the tax roll.
- MCL 211.27a (4), for the purpose of correcting taxable values which have been uncapped erroneously for the years 2019, 2018, 2017.
- MCL 211.7b, for the purpose of reviewing applications for Veterans Exemptions for the 2020 tax year only.
State Statute prohibits the Board of Review from hearing or acting on valuation protests/assessment disputes at this meeting, NO PROTESTS to assessed or taxable value will be heard at this meeting.
The public may participate in the meeting through electronic participation using Zoom, including providing public comment, by online electronic conferencing and telephone. To download Zoom, go to the following link: https://zoom.us/support/download. On a computer or laptop you may also choose to join the meeting through a web browser without downloading the Zoom app. For more help on signing in and joining a meeting, please view the following: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting. Joining the meeting via telephone does not require a smartphone or downloading the Zoom application.
If you are unable to access the software due to technical difficulties, please call the Assessor prior to the scheduled meeting. Every effort will be made to ensure participation in the meeting.
Should you have any questions regarding this meeting, or require special assistance, please contact the Assessors Office at (989) 777-0940.