Parks & Recreation
Welcome to the Parks & Recreation section of the Bridgeport Township Site. Please find the many areas of our section to the right of this page or visit www.bridgeportpr.org for registration information.
The Bridgeport Parks and Recreation Department shall strive to develop and maintain quality parks and facilities; to preserve open/natural spaces; and to provide recreational programs and services which will enhance the physical, social and emotional well-being of all residents of Bridgeport Township.
Our vision is to provide affordable recreational, physical and cultural opportunities for all of Bridgeport’s residents; with a focus on families, youth development and building healthy communities. The programs and services offered by the Department will provide excellent value and quality and emphasize the equitable distribution of resources throughout the Township. We will offer these programs in safe, attractive and well-maintained facilities that will reflect the public’s needs and interests.
We build a healthy community through people, parks and programs.
To achieve our mission, we will:
- Promote community involvement and actively seek input in the planning, operation and participation of the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Offer comprehensive, quality recreational programming aimed at satisfying the needs of varying age levels, physical abilities and special interests.
- Maintain and improve the appearance and safety of our parks and facilities at the highest level of available resources.
- Provide efficient and effective leadership and coordination for quality recreational and leisure activities for the community.
- Allow for an orderly growth, acquisition and development of the physical and natural resources, and to utilize the natural characteristics of the land, when evaluating its potential for parks and recreation purposes.
- More effectively coordinate the parks and recreation department with other township departments, organizations, and schools to improve the overall service to the community.