Refuse & Recycling
Recycling Saves $$$. Click here for information
Recycling Plastic Saves Energy. Read more here
Click here to veiw information on garbage can size restrictions.
- Trash must be in bags or trash cans no larger than 33 gallons and no heavier than 50 pounds each. All trash must be securely contained in bags or trash cans to reduce litter and discourage pests.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
- Kraft type bags with yard waste will be collected beginnng the first Wednesday in April thru the last Wednesday in November.
- Kraft type bags may also be used during the months of October and November for leaf collection.
- Containers no larger than 35 gallons may be used (along with Kraft type bags) from first Wednesday in April through the last Wednesday in November. Two "Yard Waste" labels must be placed on each 35 gallon container.
- Yard Waste labels can be obtained at the Township Office. Labels are two for 25 cents.
- Items collected include grass clippings, shrub clippings, vines, branches and twigs under two inches in diameter, no higher than 4 inches above top of container.
- Driveway and sidewalk edgings may be placed in yard waste containers.
- Roots and trash should not be placed in your yard waste container.
- No containers heavier than 50 pounds. They will not be picked up!
- One bundle of brush is allowed with refuse each week.
- Individual brush must be no more than 2 inch diameter.
- Bundle brush with twine and place at curb next to refuse.
- Bundles may be no more than 3 feet x 4 feet in size.
- Begins the first Wednesday in October thru the last Wednesday in November.
- Leaves are to be placed in containers no larger than 35 gallon yard waste containers or the Kraft type paper bags.
- Shrub clippings, vines, branches and twigs under two inches in diameter and no longer than 4 feet will also be collected with the leaves and may be placed in either the bags or yard waste containers.
- No roots or trash will be accepted in leaf bags.
BRANCH AND LIMB COLLECTION
- Begins the first Tuesday in April and every other Tuesday through the second Tuesday in November. Please call the office the Monday prior to pick up by noon (989) 777-0940.
- Limbs can not be larger than 8 inches in diameter or longer than 10 feet in length. The most efficient length to chip is 6 feet.
- The pile will be no higher than 4 feet, stacked neatly with butt ends of limbs pointed all in the same direction ensuring that it does not obstruct vehicular traffic.
- Brush left by a commercial tree service will not be picked up.
- The chipping crew will be allowed 10 minutes per residence per collection day. Therefore, use reason in determining the quantity you put out for chipping.
- Vines, stumps and root balls can not be run through the chipper and will be refused.
- Branches intermixed with fence posts, wire or other building material will be refused.
- This service is not a tree removal service. It is intended only for pruning, thinning and trimming of trees, shrubs and bushes.
For Additional Recycling Tips:
Mid Michigan Waste Authority (989) 781-9555 • Website: www.recyclemotion.org