Waste Management (WM) will be attempting to provide trash and recycling collection services to our City of Saginaw, Bridgeport Twp, Chapin Twp, City of Frankenmuth, Frankenmuth Twp, Spaulding Twp, and Tittabawassee Twp residents with regular Wednesday pick up.
While collection workers make every effort to collect materials on schedule, they are cautioned against attempting service if driving or road conditions are hazardous. Safety is always MMWA and WM’s shared priority. Roads that are found to be impassable when a truck goes by will not have collection service reattempts until the community’s regular service day the following week. If trash or recycling is not collected by 6:00 pm, residents should pull their materials back from the road and put them out on their next trash day.
MMWA staff work closely with the Waste Management team throughout the day to get timely information about road conditions which we will then forward to you community’s weather contact list.
While we can’t control the weather and its impact on curbside collection services, there are some things residents can do during inclement weather to assist with collection. We recently posted the following tips on MMWA’s Facebook page:
- Consider holding your trash and recycling until the following week if the weather is bad, especially when snow plows are running. Passing plows may cover your materials with snow or push them away from the curb. Drivers cannot collect materials that have been covered with snow or knocked over by plows.
- Do not use white trash bags if there is snow on the ground, as the driver may not see them.
- Do not place garbage cans on top of snow piles or icy patches.
- Retrieve your cans and bins as soon as possible after collection.
- Please have patience. Our aim is to collect your trash and recycling in a timely manner but unfortunately some days we cannot do that if we want to keep our drivers and our communities safe.