Bridgeport Charter Township is currently seeking a self-directed, problem-solving individual as a part time code enforcement officer. This individual will be under the direction of the Building Administrator, conducting field investigations of potential violations, gathering evidence, receiving questions, complaints, comparing facts to code requirement, making findings, and issuing warnings, correction notices, or citations. Must effectively communicate with public and staff.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two or more years experience working with the public.
- General knowledge of the building industry.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection field data and reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Must be well prepared for possible court cases
- Must have proficient computer skills
Starting Wage: $20.00
Open until filled