We are often asked about different issues involving the use of propane gas. Many of us utilize it as a means to fuel outdoor grills while others rely on propane to heat their home. Please take a few moments to review all user manuals and use the Internet to gain useful safety information.
One informative website is Propane 101. This website is full of information relating to all types of containment devices and their use. You may call a local propane distributor who have knowledgeable staff on hand to answer your questions.
One often asked question is "How do I dispose of an old cylinder?" Many propane companies will take in old cylinders and dispose of them safely for you. In Bridgeport you may want to contact Parker Propane (989) 777-5533 or Blue Flame Propane (586) 727-3315.
- A couple other points to remember;
- Never place an old cylinder in a dumpster or street side garbage pick -up.
- Never store propane cylinders in the home or garage.
- When you transport a cylinder in your vehicle be sure to take it out immediately once you arrive at your destination.
- Use caution when using a grill on a wooden deck.
- Never use a gas grill inside the home, garage or any enclosure that does not have adequate venting of toxic Carbon Monoxide gases.