Recycling Saves $$$. Click here for information
Recycling Plastic Saves Energy. Read more here
Click here to veiw information on garbage can size restrictions.
- Trash must be in bags or trash cans 3.5 gallons or smaller and 5.0 lbs. or lighter each, including Yard Waste containers. All trash must be securely contained in bags or trash cans to reduce litter and discourage pests.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
- Kraft type bags with yard waste will be collected beginning the first Wednesday in April through the last Wednesday in November.
- Two (2) "Yard Waste" labels must be placed on each container.
- Yard Waste labels can be obtained at the Township Office. Labels are two (2) for .25 cents.
- Items collected include grass clippings, leaves, shrub clippings, vines, branches and twigs (under two inches in diameter}, and no higher than twelve inches above top of containers or bags.
- Driveway and sidewalk edgings may be placed in yard waste containers.
- Roots, trash and non-yard waste material should not be placed in yard waste containers or bags.
- Yard Waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Branches between 211 -611 in diameter are considered brush and cannot be placed curbside in yard waste containers.
- Bundle brush with twine or duct tape and place at curb next to refuse.
- Bundles may be no more than 3 feet x 4 feet in size.
- Only one bundle of brush may be set out each week with refuse.
BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP CHIPPING SERVICE
- Begins the last Tuesday in April and every other Tuesday through the last Tuesday in October. Please call the Township office by noon the Monday prior to pick up (989) 777-0940.
- Limbs cannot be larger than 8 inches in diameter or longer than 10 feet in length. The most efficient length to chip is 6 feet.
- The pile will be no higher than 4 feet, stacked neatly with butt ends of limbs pointed all in the same direction ensuring that it does not obstruct vehicular traffic.
- Brush left by a commercial tree service will not be picked up.
- The chipping crew will be allowed 10 minutes per residence per collection day. Therefore, use reason in determining the quantity you put out for chipping.
- Vines, stumps and root balls cannot be run through the chipper and will be refused.
- Branches intermixed with fence posts, wire or other building material will be refused.
- This service is not a tree removal service. It is intended only for pruning, thinning and trimming of trees, shrubs and bushes.
For Additional Recycling Tips:
Mid Michigan Waste Authority (989) 781-9555 • Website: www.recyclemotion.org